Costs to Consider when starting or running a Business
1. Recurring costs
2. Fixed costs
3. Invisible costs
• 9.99/annually = Domain name (http://bit.ly/18wzAIv)
• 4.99-13.99/monthly = Hosting
• 2.00 per transaction = Paypal Commissions
• 15.00-30.00/monthly = Online Scheduling
• Free – 30.00/monthly = eNewsletter
• 5.00/monthly = Shopping Cart costs (one time start up cost $160)
• 5.00/monthly = Online backup of computer data (hosting companies also offer backups)
• 5.00/monthly = Online password protection (We recommend: https://lastpass.com/f?7228086)
• 30.00-149.99/ per monthly = Website Maintenance/Updates, Social or Search Engine Services
• 69.99/annually = template renewal fee if applicable
Software and Computer – Cost varies per business. Go West Design invests 3,000.00 per year on hosting, software, plugins, hardware and software.
Logo Design and Business Cards – You want to factor how long you plan to own your business and the importance of your band/image for its lifetime. Our price point starts at 269.00. LEARN MORE
Creative Writing OR Proofing = Proofing can run as low as 19.99 per page depending on the project. Creative writing can run roughly 249.99 per website page. Less, if you work efficiently with professional writer or editor. (Let us know if you need a recommendation)
Your time invested: Working on what you want to say; Gathering your information; Retrieving passwords; Setting up your accounts for business. This is the most difficult aspect for any business owner. Seeing your business objectively, identifying areas that need improvement or just creating new advertising can be easier when you contract a consultant to help you. If you budget is tight, find a buddy in a different business with similar goals. Doing is all on your own can take longer and cost you more money in the long run.
Blogging and Posting on Social Media: How consistent and efficient you are online makes a difference in your business. Choose a date and time to focus on this aspect of your business. You can also pre-schedule releases of your posts working months ahead or with an agency.
Education: Your time working to stay ahead of your business with hourly consultations, classes, online courses or books. We have resources you can take advantage of even if you have only 1-minute to learn.