Why do you need an SSL certificate on your website?
Never a week seems to go by without news of a website getting hacked or a virus like ‘WannaCry’ creating havoc.
In an effort to ever improve the security of data moving around the internet many of the browsers are now adding warnings when a visitor is viewing an insecure site. As well as the warnings Googles search engine algorithm is now demoting site that are not secure.
What is SSL?
An SSL certificate forces the data transferred between the visitors browser and the web server to be encrypted:
View with an SSL certificate –> HTTPS://www
View without SSL certificate –> HTTP://www
What are the benefits?
- Increased visitor confidence
- No scaring your visitor with unexpected warnings about insecure data
- Helps your site’s SEO (visibility)
Ordering an SSL certificate is as easy. Integration, on the other hand, may take longer. You MUST do the following:
- Make sure your account info is current (especially your email)
- Make sure you know your passwords
- Make sure the ownership information on your domain names are correct (WHOIS)
- If your domain is with one company and your hosting is with another, the process will take longer. Consolidation will help.
- External links may need to be re-directed to your the new URL
What is the co$t of our support after you purchase your SSL?
We have been able to help in as little as 30 minutes. Some clients have taken longer due to the factors above.
SSL examples on a website
Well known in La Jolla California and San Diego as the best rug cleaning and repair company Z-Rugs.com is secure.
The website for Amy G, 4x Emmy Winning Reporter, influencer and author, has the ‘S’ in the URL showing her site is secure.
Imagination is a wonderful part of the journey in our service to our clients. It starts with our client’s passion for what they do. Creativity is sparked and ideas float in the air waiting to land. Can you tell we enjoy what we do?